My connections have been deteriorating since the meter guy had a tantrum and tore the phone and cable boxes off of the wall two years ago. I strongly suspect that the 'contractor' they sent out to fix it wired something into my loop that should not be there since
- the boxes are now supported by their wires
- there are wire splices outside of the box
- my digital cable is fed through the phone box
- there are loose fasteners inside the sealed boxes and
- without exaggeration, I can throw a rock and hit the CO across the intersection from my house and yet my signal quality swings from nil to excellent every few mintues
As a subscriber to both Bell and Rodgers I am understandably disappointed;
when I travel south into Toronto for work I am not excited to be meeting in person with my peers but able to get their e-mail.